A new version of the Kodo Network Coding library has been released.
One of the nice features of the new release is the new structure in the library making it easier to figure out where specific functionality resides. The structure is defined within “API layers”, this is further explained in the Kodo manual.
In addition to this the new version 8.0.0 include the following changes:
- Updated layers to follow new API specifications. This change will break most existing layers. The API specification is available in the doxygen folder.
- New API for object/file encoders, makes it easier to support custom data sources e.g. such as memory mapped files.
- Added file encoder example.
- Replaced the old generator API with new Coefficient Generator API.
- Updated the factory APIs to pass the factory to each layer. This simplifies construction in several layers, where previously it was not possible to access the factory.
- Updated waf to 1.7.9 and enabled use of the wurf_install_path tool.
The Kodo source code is available on github.